My Inspiration: Met Gala 2014

Since everybody who is somebody was at the Met Gala on May 5th 2014, the beautiful event caught my attention. To be honest, I didn't  payed much interest to this event in the past, but this year I was absolutely fascinated by the amazing gowns.
So what is the Met Gala?

"The Met Gala, formally called the Costume Institute Gala and also known as the Met Ball, is an annual fundraising  gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute. It also serves as an opening celebration for the institute's annual fashion exhibit. It is widely regarded as one of the most exclusive social events in New York and one of the biggest fundraising nights of the city with a reported nine million dollars raised in 2013 The affair, attended by personalities from the arts, fashion and entertainment, has been held at the Met since 1971 and is considered to be the fashion industry's premier annual red carpet event." (via Wiki)

Why do I find this event so amazing? Well, I am totally in love with the haute couture gowns created by the most talented designers. And as a true fashion addict (that people say I am.. and who am I to disagree? :D) it is only obvious that I have some favorite looks, right?
So here they are...

 Enjoy! ;)

Blake Lively in Gucci Premiere
Taylor Swift in Oscar de la Renta
Karlie Kloss wearing Oscar de la Renta
Liu Wen in Zac Posen
Karolina Kurkova in Marchesa
Arizona Muse in Ralph & Russo Couture
Suki Waterhouse in Burberry
Allison Williams wearing Oscar de la Renta
Leighton Meester in Emilio Pucci
Emma Stone in Thakoon
Jessica Alba wearing Diane von Furstenberg
Olivia Munn in Diane von Furstenberg

Pics via  Pinterest  and The Hufftington Post






Comments